Quick run through of Activities

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Mar 28 01:16:23 UTC 2009

On Mar 12, Gary Martin posted the status of the Activities on Soas2.
Here is my current update to that list, but as tested on rawhide-xo:
[I did not put them all through their paces, so might miss problems]

Environment: G1G1 XO-1
rawhide-xo: 20090326
Build: Fedora release 10.92 (Rawhide)
Sugar: 0.84.1

Fructose:
   Browse-105:  I had problems; see separate post
   Calculate-28:  OK
   Chat-64:  OK
   Etoys-100:  seemed OK
   ImageViewer-7:  seemed OK
   Jukebox-7:  Launched
   Log-17:  OK
   Read-65:  Launched;  I did not test further
   Terminal-23:  OK
   TurtleArt-41:  seemed OK
   Write-63:  OK

  Activities:
   Bounce-7:  cannot find proper binary blobs
   CartoonBuilder-4:  OK
   Colors-15:  cannot find proper binary blobs
   Finance-2:  seemed OK  ['keep' error]
   FlipSticks-3:  seemed OK
   FreeCell-1:  OK
   InfoSlicer-5:  seemed OK
   IRC-5:  Launched;  I did not have an internet connection
   JigsawPuzzle-5:  OK
   JokeMachine-8:  OK
   Memorize-30:  OK
   Moon-10:  OK
   Pippy-31:  OK
   SliderPuzzle-6:  OK
   TurtleArtPortfolio-15:  seemed OK  ['keep' error]
   TypingTurtle-16:  OK  ['keep' error]
   ViewSlides-5:  seemed OK

  Other activities that Gary tested:
   Analyze-8:  OK
   Distance-14:  Launched;  I did not test collaboration
   Implode-5:  OK  ['keep' error]
   Maze-6:  OK
   Measure-21:  I had problems
   Paint-23:  Launched;  I did not test further
   Record-60:  Launched but did not activate camera
   Ruler-3:  OK
   Scratch-12:  seemed OK
   Speak-9:  I had problems

  Additional activities I tried:
   cellgame-1:  OK
   Clock-5:  OK
   Cobble-2:  seemed OK
   ConozcoUruguay-2:  OK
   Deducto-1:  seemed OK
   Develop-35:  no attribute 'Preview'
   EPaati-13:  OK
   Firefox-6:  OK
   FiftyTwo-2:  I had problems
   FoodForce2-1:  seemed OK
   FreeCell-1:  OK
   Help-10:  I had problems
   iStoa-150:  seemed OK
   Jigsaw-5:  seemed OK
   JokeMachine-8:  OK
   Labyrinth-4:  Launched;  I did not test further
   Map-2:  no attribute '_sha_data'
   Model-8:  problem importing _simulator
   NewsReader-24:  I had problems
   Pacman-2:  problem with where I had relocated its subdirectory
   Physics-2: seemed OK
   PlayGo-5:  seemed OK
   RoadMap-3:  OK
   SliderPuzzlw-6:  seemed OK
   SocialCalc-1:  I had problems
   StarChart-5:  OK
   StopWatch-3:  seemed OK
   sudoku-10:  problem with where I had relocated its subdirectory
   tangram-10:  problem with where I had relocated its subdirectory
   TuxPaint-2:  seemed OK
   VideoChat-9:  I had problems
   ViewSlides-5:  seemed OK
   Wine-12:  seemed OK
   Words-4:  OK
   x2o-9:  OK
   XaoS-2:  OK

Note:  Sound was not working with rawhide on my XO.  Numerous
Activities use sound -- I did *not* mark where it was missing.

Note:  I could not launch the TamTam* activities to test them.
They installed ok with 'sugar-install-bundle', but apparently their
information was not stored in the 'activity registry'.  As a result,
Sugar behaved as though those activities had not been installed.

mikus