[Fedora-packaging] Re: Generic filtering macros...

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jun 5 04:42:38 UTC 2009

CW> Tibbs suggested bringing this before the FPC...  It sounds like it
CW> makes sense to do it this way, though I'm still unclear as to how
CW> to get it on the agenda.

Well, I do post the instructions with the FPC agenda that I post to
fedora-devel-list before every meeting:
  Read https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Committee#Guideline_Change_Procedure,
  Make a draft
  Add it to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/DraftsTodo

But fear not, because I made sure it came up at our meeting on
Tuesday.  Basically, the concept is sound but we'd like to see it in
the form of a set of packaging guidelines, and we'd like the changes
to the perl provides behavior that are hidden down in the macro file
to be split out and discussed separately.

The discussion starts at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Minutes/20090602#t12:39

 - J<