[Fedora-packaging] removal of pre-built files

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:45:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > It should be the packager's decision how much of a package needs to be
> > routinely rebuilt.  I concur with the existing policy regarding
> > rebuilding executables, but I don't think it should be expanded to
> > take away packager's discretion for other things.
>
> Seconded. The existing guideline is fine and clear enough.

I don't agree (on the existing guideline being fine and clear enough). As I
wrote down, there is confusion. Some reviewers did not accept prebuilt doc
files (pdf, for instance) in some reviews. If the Proposal 2 is not
accepted, I will make a further proposal that says prebuilt data files are
allowed unless stated otherwise in a particular guideline (fonts etc).

Orcan