[Fedora-packaging] Help needed on AutoProvReqs subject was (OSGi Packaging Changes)

Alphonse Van Assche alcapcom at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 20 10:32:02 UTC 2009

2009/6/20 Alphonse Van Assche <alcapcom at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi *,
>
> My first idea was to just update the OSGi section of the Eclipse
> plugin packaging guidline but things are more complicated if we will a
> complete OSGi deps solving support.
>
> IMO, we need to activate the osgideps.pl script on the whole system
> (like the perl one) for the follow reasons:
>
> - Ability to spit package "correctly", I think that the current
> eclipse-rcp sub package cannot work without other sub packages[1] at
> the same time without the script I don't kow a way to sort that out.
>
> - No need to add defines to each OSGi aware packages.
> - Not need to rebuild

Sucking gmail short cut...

- Other OSGi framework can take advantage of these metadata
- And other that I don't recall right now :)

To test such changes, I would be more comfortable to do that in a
'sandbox', so that we can run some scripts to check if all work like
expect. I think to  script like the the one that send broken deps to
the devel list.

Do we have a way to test that without modify rawhide?

Any one that have experience in that area that can give some guidance?

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=348294&action=edit

Thanks,
Alphonse