Filtering requires/provides

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Mar 2 11:17:46 UTC 2006

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 21:52 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
>

>>OK, revised version:
>>
>>%define bogusreqs 'perl(Bad::Module)\
>>perl(Some::Other::Bad::Module)\
>>perl(Yet::Other::Bad::Module)\
>>perl(And::Other::Bad::Module)\
>>something-else-entirely\
>>last-thing'
>>%global reqfilt sh -c "%{__perl_requires} | %{__grep} -Fv %{bogusreqs}"
>>%define __perl_requires %{reqfilt}
>

> That approach fails to filter any dependencies here.

Curious. I tried it on a Net-SSH-Perl package on FC4 and used:

%define bogusreqs 'perl(Crypt::RSA)\
perl(Crypt::RSA::Key)\
perl(Crypt::RSA::Key::Private)\
perl(Crypt::RSA::Key::Public)\
perl(Crypt::RSA::Primitives)\
perl(Crypt::RSA::SS::PKCS1v15)'
%global reqfilt sh -c "%{__perl_requires} | %{__grep} -Fv %{bogusreqs}"
%define __perl_requires %{reqfilt}

and it did indeed remove all of the Crypt::RSA* deps (not that I
actually wanted to do this, it was just for test purposes).

The bogusreqs macro is a list of fixed strings, one per line, and should
only need escaping if it needed to include a single quote character I think.

Paul.