Not good

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Sat Apr 3 14:43:04 UTC 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 08:29, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> I have written the steps in the bug report on how to get up2date fixed.
> The final fix for the up2date package has not been released yet.
>
> Fixing up2date is a multi step process.
>
> One update to latest policy.
> restorecon /usr/sbin/up2date
>
> update to latest usermode
>
> Add
> ROLE=sysadm_r
> TYPE=rpm_t
>
> /etc/security/console.apps/up2date.

Thanks for the update Dan.

I am still a bit concerned that up2date did not report that the package
up2date failed and that it removed the old version of the package as well.
If I had been manually updating (as I did with the kernel), I saw that there
was a problem.  Up2date should have caught that also but did not.  I do not
know if yum has this problem or not and will probably explore using it as an
alternative to up2date.  However, I will probably wait for Seth's big rewrite
that he is working on.

Gene