login default ... changed?

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Thu Apr 15 21:34:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 17:29, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> Yes, I think that this was wrong earlier in default_contexts and
> subsequently changed.  console login might still default to sysadm_r.

No, looks like the latest default_contexts also puts staff_r before
sysadm_r for console logins, so those should also go to staff_r by
default for non-root users authorized for both roles.

Note that you may need to restorecon /root/.default_contexts to get it
into the right type; otherwise, login/sshd/gdm can't read it.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency