VMware + SELinux

Efthym efthym at gmx.net
Mon Apr 19 01:19:24 UTC 2004

Hi all

I've recently installed VMware 4.5.1 on Fedora 2 Test 2 with SELinux in
enforcing mode. The configuration process only works while enforce=0 and
after every reboot I get a message that VMware has not been configured yet
and I have to rerun the configuration and recreate the vmmon and vmnet
modules. During this I get a hell of a lot avc denied messages.
I'm quite new to SELinux but i'm guessing this is because there is no
default permission for VMware in the policy. Has anyone else tried this,
or perhaps get some help how to configure VMware to work alongside SELinux
?

VMware-workstation-4.5.1-7568
policy-1.11.2-8
kernel-2.6.5-1.326