SELinux issues

mike at flyn.org mike at flyn.org
Mon Apr 19 20:40:01 UTC 2004

>>  * fam & nautilus are the ones spewing out the most avc messages in
>>    dmesg.

> fam is known to be incompatible with SELinux.  I'm working on a patch to
> disable it if SELinux is enabled.  What nautilus AVC messages are you
> seeing?  the /initrd one is a known issue, also on my queue of stuff to
> fix.

Is there a plan to replace fam's functionality?  If I do a "touch
/home/mike/foo" and have a nautilus window displaying /home/mike/foo then
this file immediately appears in the nautilus window (without manually
telling nautilus to reload the directory's contents).  Will this be
impossible with SELinux running in enforcing mode?  Or is there something
coming down the pipe to handle this?

I think fam is required by the nautilus package.  Will this requirement be
relaxed?

--
Mike