Selinux & httpd in FC5

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 18:34:07 UTC 2006

Jouni Viikari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that I was able to run cgi-scripts on apache which type was
> bin_t instead of httpd_sys_script_exec_t.  Is this expected nowadays?  I
> am using FC5 with the latest updates
> (selinux-policy-targeted-2.2.25-3.fc5)

apache is allowed to execute bin_t.
> Also this bin_t script was able to read files which were by accident
> httpd_sys_script_exec_t type.

The fact the script was bin_t does not mean that it was running in that
domain.

Basically their is no domain transition happening.  Apache runs in
httpd_t, which is allowed to run bin_t.  But it will stay in the context
of httpd_t.  So when the bin_t labeled application runs
httpd_sys_script_exec_t, from SELinux point of view it is httpd_t
executing httpd_sys_script_exec_t.   In this case their will be a
transition to httpd_sys_script_t.
> My booleans:
>
> # getsebool -a | grep httpd
> allow_httpd_anon_write --> off
> allow_httpd_sys_script_anon_write --> off
> httpd_builtin_scripting --> on
> httpd_can_network_connect --> on
> httpd_can_network_connect_db --> off
> httpd_can_network_relay --> off
> httpd_disable_trans --> off
> httpd_enable_cgi --> on
> httpd_enable_ftp_server --> off
> httpd_enable_homedirs --> on
> httpd_ssi_exec --> on
> httpd_suexec_disable_trans --> off
> httpd_tty_comm --> off
> httpd_unified --> off
>
> BTW, is there a way or tools to find out what e.g. httpd_exec_t program is
> allowed to do (and what do the booleans really affect) on currently active
> policy?

apol