Re: problems with tmpfs and relabeling

> > Considering this is scratch space that will be used just like
> > the 'stock' filesystem for various things (/var, /etc state
> > files, etc.), this seems to be the right solution. I'll try
> > this.
>
> So, this doesn't work for me... the initial mount of the tmpfs
> fails (with no avc). Subsequent mounts succeed, but, well, at that point
> you're screwed.

Any other messages in /var/log/messages from SELinux (not just avc)?
e.g. SELinux:  security_context_to_sid(xxx) failed ...

It may be necessary to add allow rules to enable the fscontext= mount to
succeed, although I would have expected that to generate an avc denial
if that were the issue (unless suppressed by a dontaudit, but that seems
wrong).  You would need to allow <processdomain>
<originalfstype>:filesystem relabelfrom; allow <processdomain>
<newfstype>:filesystem relabelto;   Dan?

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency