context mount options in FC5

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Mar 26 08:48:30 UTC 2006

The "context" and "fscontext" mount options no longer seem to be
supported by mount in FC5:

# mount -r -o
loop,fscontext=system_u:object_r:public_content_t /srv/softlib/fedora/bordeaux/FC-5-i386-DVD.iso /srv/softlib/fedora/bordeaux/dvd
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

The same command fails in the same way with "fscontext" changed to
"context", but works if neither of those options is present. This leaves
me with the mounted DVD image having a context of iso9660_t, which is
reasonable but not what I want for serving out a local yum repository.

So how can I get ISO images mounted with public_content_t in FC5?

Or am I going to have to create a policy module to allow httpd, ftpd,
samba etc. to read iso9660_t?

Paul.