Re: lame/libxvidcore & execstack

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:07:37PM -0400, John Griffiths wrote:
Daniel J Walsh wrote:
John Griffiths wrote:
fedora-selinux-list-request redhat com wrote:
Subject:
Error running ffmpeg due to permission denied on library
From:
"Robert Foster" <rfoster mountainvisions com au>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:41:09 +1000
To:
<fedora-selinux-list redhat com>

To:
<fedora-selinux-list redhat com>

Hi,
I'm trying to get ffmpeg working for Gallery2 on FC5, and getting the following error (from the debug message via Gallery):

snip
I had the same problem when using Kino which also uses ffmpeg. Here is what I did and it works.

  execstack -c /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0
  execstack -c /usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4
Please submit bugs on these to Kino and ffmpeg.
Actually /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 is part of lame-3.96.1-10.rhfc5.at and libxvidcore4-1.1.0-8.rhfc5.at both from ATRpms.net.

I'll let the people at ATRpm know.

Is this considered a packaging or upstream issue?

If packaging: What is the recommended way to fix it specfile-wise?
From this, I find the folks at ATRpms know.