Re: denied execheap, for httpd with zend optimizer (fc5)

One additional comment. The command line version of php works with zend optimizer, no selinux troubles there.
Only httpd with php and zend optimizer creates the execheap problem.

The context of Zend Optimizer's .so files is:
system_u:object_r:httpd_modules_t

Is execheap allowed in some contexts and disabled in others?

Regards,
Jaak

Jaak Simm wrote:
Hi all,

I'm installing Zend Optimizer 3.0 for httpd in FC5. After giving correct security context with chcon and removing execstack requirement from its .so files I'm still stuck with "denied {execheap}" error in the /var/log/messages, when the httpd starts: May 20 21:33:26 web2 kernel: audit(1148150006.772:751): avc: denied { execheap } for pid=2584 comm="httpd" scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t:s0 tcontext=root:system_r:httpd_t:s0 tclass=process

I have enabled allow_execheap:
# getsebool allow_execheap
allow_execheap --> on

Also restarted the computer, but "denied {execheap}" message is present and Zend Optimizer does not work.

Any comments and hints from selinux gurus, besides disabling selinux?

Thanks,
Jaak