Re: ftp and home directories?

On 5/22/06, Knute Johnson <knute frazmtn com> wrote:
I'm running a stock FC5 box for a mail server and web server.  I
configured vsftp to use home directories so I had a place to send my
files to.  I used /usr/sbin/setsebool ftp_home_dir 1 so I could
upload files.  The next time I went to upload files it was 0 and I
had to set it again.  Does this get reset when new SELinux stuff is
installed?  Is it possible to make this permanent and if so how?

You need to use the -P to set the policy permanently

setsebool -P ftp_home_dir 1

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson