2.6.0- test2, getting sound to work?

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at rogers.com
Fri Aug 1 03:31:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:57:57 -0400 (GMT), you wrote:

>and do we have a volunteer to go back over the last 20+
>posts regarding ALSA sound under test-2.6.0 and summarize all
>that into a nice, condensed recipe?  i've seen enough 2.6.0
>kernel today to last me a while.

I've made a note to put together a list of instructions including a
couple of links into the ALSA website tomorrow.

Having said that anyone know why after 3 boots twice the driver hasn't
been loaded automatically and I have had to do "modprobe snd-emu10k1"
from a command prompt?  This is my current stuff for sound in
/etc/modprobe:

alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias char-major-14 soundcore