updates

Matt Perry matt at primefactor.com
Sat Aug 2 23:58:43 UTC 2003

On 2 Aug 2003, Michael Young wrote:

> I am also concerned that I will not be able to use the remainder of my
> subscription on the next release of RHL. That would force me to keep my
> systems at RH9, or quit using my entitlements, which will cost me money.

The only limitation is that of time.  Your entitlement will expire at some
point at which you can renew it or let it go.

The entitlements can be applied to anything.  They aren't locked at a
certain revision.  If the next version of Red Hat comes out then you can
install it, register it with RHN, and then on the RHN web site remove the
entitlement from the old machine and assign it to the new one.

 - .\\