RHN Updates

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Aug 3 18:14:02 UTC 2003

> Red Hats' efforts to make the RHL project a community effort may not go
> to far if people are not more receptive to new ideas. It seems new
> contributors have a hard time getting into the fold, especially if our
> ideas don't follow the "norm." At this point, I don't really feel like
> my thoughts and opinions are welcome on this list or in the RHLP.

Oh cmon. So jef said he didn't like your ideas. Fine he might have been
abrasive, that's life, get a helmet. If you think your ideas are good
and worth pursuing that continue to do so, ignore jef and move along. If
you want everyone in the open source or otherwise worlds to be nice
you're going to need to get used to disappointment.

Trying to be courteous is a good thing, no doubt, but it doesn't always
happen. Don't seem so shocked by it, I'm sure you've bumped into
hundreds of people in life who you believed were rude to you and they
didn't see anything wrong with how they acted. I know I've bumped into a
lot of folks like that. It happens when people interact.

-sv