updates

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Mon Aug 4 16:23:42 UTC 2003

On Saturday 02 August 2003 08:43, Michael Young wrote:
> What I can't stress enough is the fact updates for the RHEL beta are
> already in RHN. A beta is a beta, be it RHEL or RHL. So if RH is
> going to release updates for one beta on RHN, why can't they do it
> for the other beta as well?

RHEN != RHN.  RHN isn't the RHN it used to be, where enterprise and
desktop play together.  There are 2 services now, RHEN for Enterprise
systems, and RHN for desktop/rhlp systems.  Please don't confuse the
two services, and expect the same out of both.

> Doesn't that contradict what the RHLP is trying to achieve, community
> participation? Just my $0.10... :|

Here's a thought.  Assign your entitlements to released products.  Then
they aren't being "wasted".  It's a beta for god sakes.  If you don't
want to participate in the beta process, which may or may not populate
RHN with stuff, then don't.  Put your release product back on and feel
good about having used your entitlements.  Hell, dual boot the box so
you can boot back to your released product and look at the shiny blue
check icon.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net