updates

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 20:32:22 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 12:15:15PM -0400, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> Bound to be automated...hmmm yes...
> automated QA testing...automated RH errata advisory writing...
> yep I'm sure there isn't much in the way of human decision making as to
> what is worth creating an errata notice for and then placing in the rhn
> network channels.

Whatever else we do, I'm confident that updates for a beta channel
will not include written descriptions of errata.  Newer packages
will just show up in the channel.

You are essentially right that while there are components of the
process that are automated, intelligently populating a beta channel
is real work.  That said, don't expect even intelligently populated
beta channels to be BugFree[TM], you could see real brokenness come
through as we try things out.  It is, after all, as you point out,
a beta.  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/