Experiences with severn and 2.6 kernel on a dell laptop.

Marco Ermini markoer at usa.net
Tue Aug 5 12:42:00 UTC 2003

Laur Ivan disse:
[...]
> I understand the legals. I'm just saying a document of links where to get
> stuff from would be nice. I'm sure something along these lines it's going
> to be available (as release notes or otherwise) by thie time severn is
> released.

One line is enought ;-)

http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/

The better option IMHO would be to add support for external repositories
thru some mechanism which could be disaabled by default at installation
time - so by default, you are stuck to RH repository. IMHO the better
would be apt or yum, so if you have legal issues because you are in USA or
you want *exclusively* free software, you can leave just the RH
repository, if you prefer other and non-totally-supported sw you could
enable external repositories.

regards
--
Marco Ermini