Real Player 8 works ... Surprised... Other Multimedia

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Sun Aug 10 01:19:45 UTC 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Jim Cornette wrote:

> With the reduction of multimedia, within RHL. It seems that the other
> avenues to obtain multimedia applications are filling the void.

Believe it or not, but Red Hat employees are just as happy
with freshrpms and fedora as you are.  We may not be able
to ship these programs, but we still download and use them.

In fact, we would like to make it easier for everybody
(including ourselves) to use 3rd party sources for RPMs.

Personally I can barely wait for Red Hat Linux development
to include the whole community, so I can make some amateur
radio programs available from my own site ;)