was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Bill Rugolsky Jr. brugolsky at telemetry-investments.com
Wed Aug 13 15:02:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:01:17AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 05:44:12AM +0200, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > I don't know if this is currently possible but I would a mailing-list
> > that report events from bugzilla. Mostly new bugs and status change (not
> > only of my own bugs).
>
> Newer versions of bugzilla may have this feature - I remember seeing
> something like it on bugzilla.mozilla.org.

That would be great, particularly if there were extra headers to indicate
the package and other meta-data for easy searching (like using "limit" in mutt).
It ought to be intermixed with package commit info.

Bugzilla could really benefit from the ability to display the RPM changelog
when reporting a bug against a package.  Right now the method is

	1. Find a bug
	2. Do one or more of the following:
	     a. Go to rpmfind.net and read the Changelog for the package in Rawhide,
	        to see whether the bug has been fixed.
	     b. Download the SRPM/RPM and look/test
	     c. Search Bugzilla.
	3. Report the bug.

The process can definitely be streamlined.  bugs.debian.org does a good job of integrating
this information for individual packages.

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky