UML (was: Re: was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?)

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 19:44:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:44:53PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
> One of my reasons for posting was to guage interest. I was hoping that
> when the rhl website came back there would be scope for proposing and
> co-ordinating projects like this.

That's very strongly our intent.  I think that this would make an
excellent project.  I would suggest starting out by building a
web page and yum repository with a set of packages to support
this.  Building off Arjan's 2.6 kernel rpms would probably be the
best way to go.  I'd suggest discussing it on rhl-devel-list
rather than starting a new list, unless/until traffic gets very
high.  (Others here might have better suggestions; that's just
my first though.)  Does this sound interesting to you?

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/