APT, Yum and Red Carpet

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 13 23:14:44 UTC 2003

The difference is the RHLP is a distro and not a product in the normal
software sense. I think it is the aim to spin off some other project
over which Redhat has no control. The community is there to help guide
Redhat as to their wishes, (i.e. the community's wishes) but Redhat is
there to make the decision on the distro composition in the end. You can
get many community brands around Redhat. They could do what you want,
but I do not think they want that. It almost entails losing control of
the project.