Using ALSA?....

Glen Maeding gmaeding at kidspeace.org
Mon Aug 18 16:41:22 UTC 2003

Several questions:

1) How do you check to see if its using ALSA instead of OSS in console?

I am aware that kernel 2.6.0 tests should have ALSA in it, so I went to get
the plugin for XMMS to use it and tried to ./configure it, came back with
errors:

checking for libasound headers version >= 0.9.0... not present.
configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

I am trying to use alsa-xmms-0.9.12.

2) Where do you get the latest kernel rpm's for this beta release?

I used this link to get the rpms from it:
http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/
I downloaded it and installed it pretty successfully ( minus this network
rpmsave thing, fixed it tho and the mouse lost its scroll wheel functions
somehow ).

By the way, I tested this kernel in RH9 too.

*	** Glen Maeding
*	** MIS Tech @ Kidspeace Inc.
*	** Webmaster of MIS-comm, Pdangel.org, and others...
*	** E-mail: gmaeding at kidspeace.org
*	** Pager e-mail: goik at tmail.com