Fatal error on initializing USB mouse etc

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 13:58:07 UTC 2003

raxet wrote:
> Gerry Tool wrote:
>
>> raxet wrote:
>>
>>> On Severn with 2.6.0-0.test3.1.31.
>>>
>>> I get this message on kernel boot and wonder what should be contained
>>> the file /drivers:
>>>
>>> grep:/proc/bus/usb/drivers    no such file or directory?
>>>

>> I don't know what "should be there, but here is the contents of mine:
>>
>> [gerry at gstpc gerry]$ cat /proc/bus/usb/drivers
>>          usbdevfs
>>          hub
>>  96-111: hiddev
>>          hid
>>  48- 63: usbscanner
>>          usb-storage
>

> Could you elaborate on this addressing?
>
> 48-63: usbscanner?

I do not know the meaning of the numbers, and I am not knoledgable about
how the file is created.  My GUESS is this is a list of drivers that get
loaded during bootup due to usb devices the system locates.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but maybe another list member with more
knowledge can add an explanation.

Gerry