Stock kernels

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 21:19:53 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 16:07, dsavage at peaknet.net wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com> wrote,
> > On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 03:12:06PM -0500, dsavage at peaknet.net wrote:
> >> True frustration arrived when I found that 'make rpm' behaves as badly
> >> when run against the Severn kernel-source rpm as it does using a
> >> kernel.org tarball. Fewer "deprecated" warnings, but still.....
> >
> > Well, it's going to depend on your config...
>
> Michael,
>
> I'd hope Severn's kernel-2.4.21-i686.config file would work with 'make
> oldconfig', wouldn't you? :-(

In 2.5? Should work fine in 2.4.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> SAIR LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Enterprise Architect :: http://www.redhat.com
Project Leader for Aurora Sparc Linux :: http://auroralinux.org
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot