CD drive is still a no-go on Severn

Wed Aug 20 13:36:33 UTC 2003

Hi,

I personally have three different machines running severn, all with
IDE/ATAPI Cd-ROM drives, so this must not be a universal issue.

perhaps if you can mention:
a.) What make/model the Cd-Drive is. (maybe copy from dmesg?)
b.) What interface it has (IDE, SCSI, USB, Firewire, etc.)
it might help?

It could be something with the IDE-SCSI driver?

thanks,
    noah silva