gnome-applets trouble

Michael Knepher limbo at bluethingy.com
Wed Aug 20 18:53:07 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 03:58, Philip Trickett wrote:
> hi,
>
> Is anyone having any problems after updating to gnome-applets-2.3.6-1
> and the new gnome-panel-2.3.6.2-3?
>
> When I first logged in I had an error message for a few applets:
> The panel encountered a problem while loading
> "OAFIID:GNOME_WindowListApplet"
> Details: Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure
> occurred

I had a similar issue upgrading to the gnome 2.3.x packages from
http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt - I guess it's a conflict between the
panel/applet config from 2.2 and the settings for 2.3.x. On my home
system, it only happened in one user account. My wife hasn't encountered
the issue. I removed and recreated my gnome-panels and haven't had any
further problems.

Michael Knepher <limbo at bluethingy.com>