Stock kernels

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 18:14:31 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:11:42AM +0200, Maynard Kuona wrote:
> That is why I had suggested this to the thread first. Because it seems
> there is a lot the kernel.org kernel does not do. Please do not get me
> wrong, I know how to, and have compiled the kernel. But there is enough
> difference to warrant, IMO, the Redhat Linux Project to just maybe tweak
> the kernel so it compiles less problematically under Redhat. Just maybe
> edit the scripts, or maybe just point us to people who do this if they
> are available.

Well, as I have said, everyone wants something slightly different, and
by the time you get many of the requests covered, you're back to what
we have now, more or less.

That's why it makes sense for folks who build a kernel to their own
specifications put it up for others with the same set of specifications.
I just expect based on traffic on this list that we could see a great
many such...

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/