A solution to the Galeon situation?

Kevin Worthington kworthington at linuxmail.org
Thu Aug 21 20:04:50 UTC 2003

> I've been using galeon as my browser for a while and have gotten used to
> it's session features and smart bookmarks.  I've tried to move to
> Mozilla, but can't import my bookmarks and it doesn't seem to have
> sessions.  I've tried building Galeon 1.3, but it keeps crashing when I
> try to print or open the preferences dialog.
>
> Is there a better solution?  Anyone?  Anyone?
Galeon has been replaced by Epiphany. It uses the Gecko rendering engine just like Galeon did. I don't know if it has all the features you want, but give it a try. Grab the latest from rawhide:
http://rawhide.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/epiphany-0.8.4-1.i386.rpm

Kevin Worthington - <kworthington (at) linuxmail {dot} org>
Faithful Red Hat Linux user since April 1998
Registered Linux User #218689 - http://counter.li.org
http://www.linuxmail.org/