Any current workaround for Radeon/Chromium Segfault? (Bug 101647)

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Aug 31 13:34:06 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 07:38, Kevin Sonney wrote:
> Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com> writes:

> Works fine on my Severn systems with a Radeon 9200se. Did you remove
> *ALL* NVidia files? FWIW, I've had issues with leftover files from the
> NVidia drivers. In the past I've had to uninstall the NVidia drivers,
> then go back and manually make sure that the original GL libraries are
> properly re-installed.

Thanks for the reply.

# rpm -e --nodeps XFree86 \
XFree86-devel \
XFree86-Mesa-libGL \
XFree86-Mesa-libGLU

# find / -name "libGL*" -ok rm {} \;

# up2date XFree86 \
XFree86-devel \
XFree86-Mesa-libGL \
XFree86-Mesa-libGLU

chromium and tuxracer still crash.

Interesting that it works for you.  Of course, I'm running rawhide.

The cards are also different.  The 9100 is basically a renamed 8500LE.
Yours is a 9000 with 8x AGP added, so they are not quite as close as the
numbering suggests.

-Steve