Why xcdroast and not gcombust?

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Aug 31 21:57:59 UTC 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Erik Englund wrote:

>The only time I switched back to Windows when i was a Linux newbie (and
>didn't realize there was one thousand other burning apps for Linux) was
>when i burned CDs. I really don't think that the average Linux user find
>xcdroast the most useful CD burning app, and that's what you are
>supposed to do, pick the best for us =)

That's definitely a reasonable thing.  However, it's important
also for people requesting enhancements, or changes of any kind,
to not only discuss them on the mailing lists, etc. but also to
file any important requests in bugzilla so that we're aware of
them when the time comes to make those types of decisions.

I agree with you though about choosing friendly applications, and
I'm sure there are more user friendly GUI interfaces to CD
burning than xcdroast, even if I get along ok with it.  ;o)