IDE write ordering ?

David Balazic david.balazic at hermes.si
Mon Dec 1 08:33:17 UTC 2003

But isn't the default on the majority of ATA drives to have write cache
enabled ?

Also the LKML thread at
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0304.1/0450.html
is very informative.
So my question is , how can one test if the journalled FS on his disk is
actually working
as it should or is it just waste of time and giving a false sense of safety
?

Regards,
David