kernel-2.6.0-0.1.14.i686 and...

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Dec 21 04:59:39 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 17:50, RaXeT wrote:

> >>I saw the earlier message that it doesn’t matter, but still shouldn’t
> >>there
> >>
> >>be a way to get rid of the annoying kernel boot messages?

You must get worked up easily. However, if you simply cannot sleep at
night until those messages from rc.sysinit go away, apply the attached
patch to /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.

All the patch does is to comment out the loading of usb filesystem,
keybdev and mousedev, which don't exist in 2.6 (they're all still
supported, but they're compiled in now, at least keybdev/mousedev
functionality is).

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"