missing drivers in 2.6.0 kernel

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 21 14:58:38 UTC 2003

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>Are i810_audio and emu10k1 sound drivers built into the kernel 2.6?
>

> No. And I can't get them to work on the box at work either as either
> built in or as a module :-(
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

I have the AC'97 sound chip that requires the module.

I run *redhat-config-soundcard* after the system loads and sound works
for everything except the applet.

I get this error, but hear sound. Which module is it loading?

FATAL: Module i810_audio is not in kernel.
-8

These modules seem to deal with the sound and are loaded.
Module                  Size  Used by
i810_audio             28436  0
ac97_codec             16780  1 i810_audio
soundcore               7872  1 i810_audio

Also, related to usb, why does my card reader work in runlevel 5 but not
in runlevel 3?

Jim