Alsa device ordering.

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 24 14:16:35 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 05:45:15AM +1000, Gavin Graham wrote:
> It think some re-ordering is involved here but I am unsure how to best
> execute this.

I'm not sure what the right way to fix this is, but an easy hack is
to add an explicit module dependency.  The man page doesn't say whether
they think of the module stack growing up or down, and this is such
a rare thing for me that I never remember and so always have to try it
both ways until it works (I vaguely think I've done this about twice,
with no memory of why), but:
add below <usb sound module> <pci sound module>
or
add above <usb sound module> <pci sound module>
ought to take care of your special case.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/