mc segfaulting

Gilles J. Seguin segg at infonet.ca
Wed Jul 30 22:30:42 UTC 2003

Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> I would say that you should try the following:
>
> 1) Add a new user so it has default settings in all . directories
> 2) run mc and see if it segfaults.
> 3) run strace on mc with the output to a file and see if it still
>    segfaults and where.
> 4) Open a bugzilla and send that info in.

rawhide exibit the same behavior.

The behavior describe seen the same.
In a xterm window, mc does not segfault.

At a console, for root and for user
mc behave correctly until ctrl-o,
- the first ctrl-o give the console and behave
- the second ctrl-o to switch back to mc panel produce
  the segfault
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40287673 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x4019335e in Gpm_Open () from /usr/lib/libgpm.so.1

$ rpm -q gpm
gpm-1.20.1-35