No Galeon?

Benjamin Vander Jagt benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 22 23:49:06 UTC 2003

"Galeon 1.x stopped working due to the Mozilla upgrade to GTK 2;
Galeon 2 has forked into Epiphany (maintained by the original author
of Galeon 1), and Galeon 2. So we just added one of those."

really?  I know I'm the exemplary Linux nincompoop...if something is simple to install, I'll be the first to break it, but I'm looking at the archives using Galeon 1.2.7 on Mozilla 1.4.  I'll try to verify the files and see what's not correct in my setup.

I personally can't fall in love with Epiphany.  so far, I find Mozilla easier and more powerful.  personally, I wouldn't mind using an old Mozilla to be able to continue using the best internet browser ever, though I'll bet I'm in the minority.  :-)

p.s.: sorry that this will start a new thread, but it was posted before I joined the list...
--
Benjamin Vander Jagt <benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net>