perl modules missing?

James Olin Oden joden at malachi.lee.k12.nc.us
Thu Jul 24 13:06:32 UTC 2003

On 24 Jul 2003, Chip Turner wrote:

> Nope; there have been no major changes to perl except for perl itself,
> but those changes should be backwards compatible.  Looks like you're
> missing perl-XML-LibXML, which we have never shipped (though since it
> is one I maintain for some of RHN's internal software, I may stick it
> on people somewhere if there is interest).  Maybe we can get it in the
> official Cambridge++; I personally find it immensely powerful.
>
> Chip

Speaking of useful perl module's, I have been using the Newt.pm module for
a while, and have patched several times.  Unfortunately, my PAUSE account
is not updated, so I have not been able to get thing back to CPAN (and
the original author as gone away...).  Anyway, this thing allows one to
use libnewt in perl, and the one below:

	http://lee.k12.nc.us/~joden/misc/patches/perl-Newt/perl-Newt-1.10-0.prototype.src.rpm

works against RH 9 and 7.3 with know problems.  It would be cool to see
this in some RH release.  I know most people are doing the gui thing, but
some of us do serial port based console's on our machines and a nice perl
library to hook into the libnewt stuff is quite nice.

Cheers...james