Tartoon?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Sat Jul 26 12:44:33 UTC 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 15:01, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > "EA (Extended Attributes) and ACL (Access Control Lists) functionality
> >        is now available for ext3 file systems. In addition, ACL functionality
> >        is available for NFS.
> > - samba -- Samba can export ACL functionality in this release."
>
> Oh! I hope we will get acls in the next RHL beta...please!!
> I have been waiting for this for the past couple of years!

Remember that one goal of this project is to get closer to upstream, rather
than farther away. Given that and the short time cycle between releases, it
probably makes more sense to wait for the next (2.6-based) release, rather
than add-on ACLs to the 2.4 kernel for this release.

If you really want / need ACLs, grab the RHEL kernel source and recompile.
It'll always be available, and the betas include ACLs.

later,
chris