Yum, autoupdate (was: Re: Graphical boot isn't so graphical)

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sun Jul 27 15:15:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 10:42:23AM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:

> I and others have asked Seth to allow different behavior. Seth says he is looking
> into it but there are problems doing it if the boot loader is lilo. I think most
> people would be happy if it would only work with grub. Especially given that lilo
> is going away soon.

I propose to have these special actions extracted from the main code and
make them configurable "external" actions (scripts, python routines), so
that anyone can enable/disable/replace them.  See my posting to the yum
list.

In general, I don't like built-in intelligence, I more like a very
high level of configurability.

--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>