Problem with IDE-CDRW drive

Pavel Rozenboim pavelr at coresma.com
Mon Jul 28 12:14:33 UTC 2003

alpha quality. Also many gui based cd writing software still expects scsi
emulation or needs to be configured to use IDE devices. In fact, the only cd
writing program that recognized IDE CDRW for me was X-CD-Roast - which
somehow depends on dev=ATAPI option for cdrecord, which only works with 2.4
kernels.