Java, NPTL and AMD64

Marc Richards mrichar1 at alum.swarthmore.edu
Tue Jul 29 19:05:26 UTC 2003

Hi,

Is there any J2RE that currently support NPTL and or AMD64?  Sun's new Java
1.4.2 doesn't list RedHat 9 as being supported and doesn't even mention
AMD64.  I have heard murmurs about a Blackdown 1.4.2 coming out anytime now,
but the website looks fairly under maintained and I can't seem to find it
anywhere.

I know that RedHat made a deal with Sun to distribute Java with its
enterprise line, but I don't see any Java related rpms in Taroon.  Assumedly
since Taroon uses NPTL and supports AMD64, a compatible version of Java is
forthcoming...anybody know anything more specific?

Marc