Installation via ftp

Mike Martin redtuxxx at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 15:05:32 UTC 2003

 --- Justin Clacherty <justinc at serani.com.au> wrote: > Has anyone
tried to install via ftp and done so successfully?  I've
> set
> up anonymous ftp on one of the internal machines and can ftp in
> successfully, but when I try to do an install the ftp fails.  The
> anaconda log looks to have an incorrect address in it.
>
> ftp server is 192.168.1.22
> the install data is in /pub/severn
>
> The anaconda log has the method as
> Method = ftp://192.168.1.22//pub/severn
>
> The install fails with an ftp error on
> ftp://192.168.1.22/%2Fpub/severn/RedHat/base/hdlist: 550 failed to
> change directory
>
> I suspect the double / in the method is causing the problem but it
> appears if I enter the directory as either /pub/severn or
> pub/severn.
> The %2F is in the error message is a bit of a mystery also...
>
> Justin.

I did it with no problems - although I did it from a mirror
(zeniiia.linux.org.uk)

Basically all I did was put the main address in source, and then
http://zeniiia.linux.org.uk/pub/distributions/redhat/beta/severn/en/os/i386/RedHat/
in the directory line

have you tried remooving base/hdlist from your line