problem with up2date

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 1 16:48:59 UTC 2003

Subject: problem with up2date
From: Hank Maxwell <lhm0155 at stjoelive.com>
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:11:13 -0600

seems that up2date doesn't like the fact that its release version 1 and
an athlon processor, tells me its an invalid combination and refuses to
allow me to finish registering my system, which of course causes up2date
to remain with that annoying check mark.

I have the same problem but I don't have an Athlon Processor. It's an
Intel P3 600. This is the error I get when I run up2date:

The applet has been unable to access the following information sources
in its last attempts: fedora-core-1 @
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1, updates-released @
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1

Ooops my mistake its the notification tool that has that message, that's
why there is that annoying check mark. Any way to fix that.