RHEL 3.0 or Fedora for a 'production environment' ?

Oscar A. Valdez oscar.valdez at plastipak.com.sv
Sat Nov 1 18:34:48 UTC 2003

El sáb, 01-11-2003 a las 12:16, shrek-m at gmx.de escribió:
> >>http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html
> >>

> >>you will update 1 or 2 times per year all your 50 servers/workstations
> >>in a production environment without redhat-support ??
> >>
> >>good luck.

Will Red Hat somehow enforce the "Update Lifetime: 2-3 months after next
release" rule? Isn't Fedora Legacy about not being bound by it?

Don't get me wrong: I believe Red Hat has every right to do what they
are doing. I also think RHEL is a viable model for commercial Linux, and
that Red Hat is being very decent by supporting Fedora. It's just that
for some us, (and not only *.edu, but also Third World), RHEL is not an
option: I'm trying to determine what my real options are.
--
Oscar A. Valdez