The fonts now are too obscure to see after updating today.

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 00:12:15 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Yu Shao wrote:

>Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:05:24 +1000
>From: Yu Shao <yshao at redhat.com>
>To: Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com>
>Cc: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: The fonts now are too obscure to see after updating today.
>
>Because of licensing issue of zysong.ttf we had been shipping since
>RedHat 7.3, we took it out from version ttfonts-zh_CN-2.13-0 in Fedora.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that, because it isn't part of XFree86.
;o)

That however confirms for me that this observed change has
nothing to do with upgrading XFree86, since nothing in XFree86
related to font rasterization nor the included fonts themselves
had changed.

Most likely the usre had upgraded the particular font package
that used to contain that font, and now it is gone, and an
alternative font which isn't as nice is being used.

Thanks for the clarification Yu!

TTYL