OOo PPC suport. [patchset !!]

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 3 18:11:50 UTC 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 08:00, Guy M. Streeter wrote:
> In
> http://people.redhat.com/streeter/
> you'll find some rpms that will make an upgrade go more smoothly.
> A version of yum that doesn't look in the ppc64 arch for ppc rpms.
> A version of mkinitrd that doesn't require ppc64-utils.
> A version of fedora-release for ppc.
>
> With these installed (and a bit of manual labor), I upgraded my YDL3
> iMac to rawhide.
> Except for the kernel.

Some things to watch out for.  FC's rc.sysinit didn't seem to catch some
necessary stuff for my ibook.  pmud failed to work due to some /dev
entries missing, so I re-installed YDL's dev package.  Some
/etc/sysconfig files where missing, that dealt with right/middle click
emulation and touchpad preferences.  The pbuttonsd and mouse-emulation
services had to be re-enabled.  The pbuttonsd was a really fun one
since your keyboard mappings will be way off until you fix it.  I had
to ssh into my laptop from another system to adjust it.  Not sure if
pbuttonsd required the new dev package or the new rc.sysinit, but for
some reason after a full upgrade it wasn't starting.  I had fixed other
items before fixing this one.

Thats about all I can remember that tripped me up.  IF anybody wants to
collect this information, and any other provided info into a how-to or
FAQ or whathave you, that would be really cool.  I know the YDL folks
are interested in this as well.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: